Some of my Mozilla Webmaker Teaching materials & experience include a variety of face-to-face facilitation as well as online blended learning.

Mozilla Festival

• MozFest 2015 – In 2015, I was again sponsored by Mozilla to attend MozFest in London, UK where I facilitated a session focused on Design Thinking – Maximizing Resources on Your Community, sharing my years of “lessons learned” in my volunteer community work.Ā  This session was designed for volunteer contributors who are highly motivated with limited resources. I wanted this to be a session that could inspire all of us to do better in our communities.
  • MozFest2014 – I was sponsored by Mozilla to attend MozFest 2014 in London, UK where I facilitated a session onĀ Webmaking in Higher Education.Ā  During the workshop I connected with educators from all over the world to brainstorm how to utilize different #edtech tools in our institutions and communities. We all met for the first time at MozFest and our conversations on this very same topic continued via social media.

Popcorn Maker – Higher Education series

As Learning Technologist at Royal Roads University, I delivered a series of Popcorn Maker workshops for university faculty, staff and ETUG members.Ā  Popcorn Maker is an open source tool that allows participants to easily remix web multimedia content, including video, audio, images, maps and Wikipedia entries.Ā  The same workshop series were delivered both face-to-face and virtually in Blackboard Collaborate.Ā  After taking the workshop, RRU faculty successfully integrated Popcorn Maker to create learning communities online.

Community Learning Events & Hive Learning Network

Outside of work, I volunteer to #teachtheweb as a Webmaker mentor at community learning eventsĀ for youth.Ā  Some of the community events we participant in include the annual Vancouver Mini Maker Faire (VMMF) at PNE.Ā  In preparation to #teachtheweb at local community events, I often deliver training sessions on Mozilla Webmaker tools for other mentors and volunteers.

As Co-Founder and core contributor for the Vancouver Hive Learning Community, I love the maker movement and believe in the power of “making”.Ā  #Teachtheweb for future generations is one of my lifelong passions and I love doing this!